- Having a fantastic time serving up FairTrade Costa Rican coffee on Sundays before and after the service {usually there's no coffee available (I know!)}. Not only to offer a perk, but also to srum up conversation about the goings on of the trip.
- Preparing to attend an upcoming Hula for Costa Rica! party on the 31st. The Youth Leaders are throwing a Luau (yeah, I know). It sounds like it will be a great time; limbo contest, BBQs, grass skirts, the whole works! They are expecting about 50 in attendance!
- In the works of planning a pasta night in September. Sounds like it will be a fun Saturday night and a great "send off" party before we head to Manitoba for a few weeks before CR. :)
- Coins! We've made these funky jars for spare change. Spare change anyone? Tom and I have a HUGE jar to fill (I'm carrying cash more, just to collect the change!) and we have **much** smaller ones to give to anyone that's interested in filling one. I can get one to you easily at the beginning of August ;) Just e-mail me.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Coffee, hula, pasta, and coins; Oh My!
Here's what we've been up to:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oooh, funky and fun, pray the fundraising is going well!
Post a Comment